The general objective of the project “Advancement of Electricity Market Reform and Regional Integration” is to foster the reform of the electricity market of Georgia and regional electricity trading in accordance with the EU legislation and the Energy Community Treaty.
Advancement of Georgian electricity market reform
- Preparation for intraday market opening
- Preparation for introduction of new Renewable Energy sources
- Assessment of splitting Georgia into bidding zones.
Fostering of regional electricity trading and market integration
- Organisation of a joint auction for capacity allocation with neighbouring countries
- Improvement of analysis of neighbouring power systems development to ensure effective planning and sustainable development in the region.
- Preparation for ENTSO-e observer membership, including harmonization with ENTSO-e rules and standards
The Beneficiary of the project is JSC Georgian State Electrosystem (GSE). The Project is implemented by EXERGIA Energy and Environment Consultants S.A., as member of COWI consortium and will last one year (September 2022-September 2023).