Dr. George Vlondakis
EXERGIA supports all energy market actors, including regulatory authorities, transmission and distribution system operators, traders, suppliers, utilities and Independent Power Producers (IPPs) to optimally operate within the liberalized energy markets environment. The company has accumulated experience in the electricity, gas and oil markets, while continuously expanding its activities in these sectors.
The services provided range from problem analysis to strategy development, implementation of organizational schemes, capacity building and training, company culture development and productivity improvement.
The company possesses proven experience and expertise on several aspects related to the opening up of the electricity and gas markets in Europe and worldwide, being involved among others in institutional development, regulatory structures, legislative arrangements, etc. and has provided relative support to several Regulatory Authorities, System Operators and Governments.
EXERGIA has provided specialized advice to energy utilities as well as IPPs on new market perspectives and has carried out on their behalf analyses and feasibility assessments for new business opportunities.
Specific services provided by EXERGIA include:
- Support to legal and regulatory reform
- Institutional framework development
- Organization and design of markets
- Operational policies in competitive markets
- Analysis of energy market reforms and opportunities in the context of coal and lignite phase-out
- Infrastructure development support
- Development of tailor-made information tools
- Auditing, analysis and evaluation of specific market cases
- Training and HR development
- Business development assessment