Commencement of the EU / IPA Energy Sector Technical Assistance Project “Consultancy Services for Energy Efficiency”
In October 2015, EXERGIA in consortium with MWH Turkey, Expertise France and ESCON was awarded the EU / IPA Energy Sector Technical Assistance Project “Consulting Services for the Energy Efficiency”.
This project is essentially oriented towards providing consultancy services to the Turkish Ministry of Energy and SMEs in order to (a) ensure market development and scale-up for EE in the industrial and building sectors (b) support commercial lending for EE in these sectors (c) develop an ESCO industry in Turkey, to help package, finance and implement EE projects, and (d) enhance the policy and institutional framework in line with the EU acquis.
The main activities of the project include the following:
- Provision of policy support for existing and planned EE policies and programs
- Preparation of an energy efficiency market study describing the current energy efficiency market situation for the industrial and building sectors
- Preparation of marketing strategies and awareness activities such as seminars/workshops for Organised Industrial Zones and other stakeholders in Turkey, training of the Ministry’s staff, etc.
- Development of training and capacity building programmes for ESCOs and commercial banks
- Development of ESCO model contracts
- Energy auditing activities for companies in the industrial and building sectors
- Preparation of guidelines for stakeholders
- Development of national energy loan products
- Supporting SMEs for project financing