Ms. Flora Konstantopoulou
EXERGIA, due to its establishment in Greece, is fully aware of the particularities of the area of Southeastern Europe and the Mediterranean, typically characterized by scarce water resources, limited and expensive land, overpopulated coastal and insular areas and heavy reliance on tourism – all of which challenge the traditional methods of water management. The company has been able through the years to work in partnership with local people and put forward innovative approaches adapted to the local conditions.
Water management is a rapidly evolving market sector for EXERGIA. The company has traditionally focused in water issues which have been carried out as part of environmental projects. In the last few years EXERGIA is increasingly involved in the conservation of natural resources and water efficiency as part of industrial process optimization or water management initiatives.
EXERGIA focuses in the following service areas:
- Conservation of freshwater resources and protection of their quality, with emphasis on water use in industry and the services sector
- Technical assistance to central, regional and local government in the development of water management plans and the assessment of infrastructure needs
- Capacity building to water management officials at regional and local level
- Exploitation of treated wastewater based on best practice techniques ; recording and assessment of the realistic potential of water exploitation of treated wastewater
- Current practice in Meditteranean countries- review of European programmes and national initiatives related to successful technological solutions, costs, obstacles
- Examination of funding possibilities by EU or national programmes
- Environmental risk assessment related to water contamination by chemicals and other polluters
- Market studies.