Dr. Nikos Sakellariou
Since 1991, EXERGIA has accumulated extensive experience in all issues related to the hydropower sector and provides consultancy on the following topics (a) energy/environmental legislation and legal and regulatory framework, (b) feasibility studies, techno-economic analyses, cost estimation (c) engineering design, commissioning and equipment acceptance (d) preparation of bidding documents, evaluation of bids and contract negotiations. The company has also carried out feasibility studies and investor’s application dossiers for licensing and financing of more than 20 small hydro power plants.The combination of strong energy and environment expertise, long training and capacity building experience and use of advanced IT systems assures the effective transfer of valuable know-how to clients.
Focal areas of EXERGIA services comprise:
- Environmental Assessment of hydropower plants
- Hydrological analysis of Hydro Systems
- Dam water flow energy production analysis using specialised simulation models
- Analysis of present situation of Small Hydropower Systems, identification of feasible potential
- Financial aspects of SHPP, market potential.