Ms. Flora Konstantopoulou
The conservation of natural resources and the minimization of the impacts associated with the management and disposal of waste streams are particularly sensitive issues in Greece and Southeast Europe in general.
EXERGIA focuses in the following service areas:
- Integrated management of waste streams in compliance with EU best practices
- Technical assistance to national, regional and local governments in the development of waste management plans and the assessment of infrastructure needs
- Capacity building to waste management officials at regional and local level
- Technical assistance in the exploitation of special waste streams, i.e. agricultural waste, hazardous waste, etc.
- Technical assistance to industry in managing waste streams and addressing identification, labelling, storage and eventual disposal of hazardous waste
EXERGIA is fully aware of the particularities of the area of Southeastern Europe and the Mediterranean, typically characterized by limited and expensive land, overpopulated coastal and insular areas, heavy reliance on tourism and social reactions to waste investments – all of which challenge the traditional methods of managing resources and waste. The company has been able through the years to work in partnership with local communities and put forward innovative approaches adapted to the local conditions.