Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA)
Ms. Flora Konstantopoulou
EXERGIA provides services for the identification, assessment and mitigation of the impacts of major energy infrastructure works to the environment and society. Focus areas comprise power plants, onshore and offshore natural gas pipelines, oil pipelines, LNG and CNG facilities, high-voltage electricity transmission lines, oil terminals and renewables investments. EXERGIA’s services are compliant not only with national legislation but also with the standards and requirements of IFIs such as the EBRD, World Bank, EIB, KfW, etc.
EXERGIA provides a full package of services, from conceptual project design to environmental permitting and further on to construction monitoring, including:
- Identification and comparative assessment of alternatives
- Support in selecting optimum routes and project locations
- Environmental and social baseline studies
- Identification and assessment of impacts
- Drafting Environmental and Social Management and Monitoring Plans (ESMMP)
- Drafting Public Consultation and Disclosure Plans (PCDP) and supporting the public consultation process
- Carrying out pre-construction monitoring and baseline studies
- Monitoring environmental and social performance of project activities against ESMMP requirements
- ESIA-related services are supported by in-house capacity in Geographic Information Systems.
The geographical coverage in project experience spans from the Mediterranean (i.e. Greece, Cyprus) and Former Soviet Union to Central Asia and the Caspian Sea (i.e. Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan) while existing project references include high-profile regional projects.