Dr. George Vourliotakis
Climate change is amongst the most critical environmental problems the world faces nowadays and also the hottest issue in the environmental policy agenda. EXERGIA has been at the forefront of the international debate in climate change since its early years.
The company works in partnership with national and regional authorities as well as the private sector, in defining appropriate climate change mitigation paths and CO2 emissions reduction strategies. In specific, EXERGIA:
- Provides technical assistance at governmental level for compliance with EU climate change requirements
- Supports local authorities in the development and implementation of regional and local energy plans with focus on climate change mitigation through improving energy effectiveness and incorporation of RES.
- Provides consultation to firms under the EU ETS scheme in addressing emission trading challenges and exploit the opportunities arising thereof
- Develops carbon mitigation measures relevant to the use of renewable and energy efficiency increase for industry, transport and buildings sectors
- Supports third countries such as Turkey and Ukraine to develop climate change policies and strategies for the exploitation of flexible mechanisms (CDM, JI) and set up of voluntary carbon markets.
The services of EXERGIA in relation to climate change have mainly focused to Greece and Southeast Europe.