Energy Policy and Strategy
Dr. Theodor Goumas
EXERGIA advises governments, institutions and organizations on the formulation of efficient energy policies and strategies, as well on the development and implementation of effective energy plans at national, regional and EU level.
EXERGIA has undertaken, on behalf of governmental authorities, the studying of organizational, institutional and legislative aspects of energy and environmental interventions. At national level, EXERGIA advises governments and national authorities of third countries on the development of their long-term energy strategies and action plans, with a special focus on their future accession to the EU and their harmonization with the EU Acquis Communautaire and other international initiatives and treaties.
At a regional level, EXERGIA assists sustainable-driven peripheral and local economic development, through reasonable exploitation of the local potential of renewable and/or conventional energy sources. EXERGIA also provides advice to national, regional and local authorities in the design and implementation of policies and action plans for improvement of energy efficiency in industry, buildings and transport.
Specific services provided by EXERGIA include among others:
- Development of National and Regional Energy Policies, Strategies and Action Plans
- Integrated Resource Planning
- Institutional and Organizational Development of the Energy Sector
- Support to harmonization with key energy related Directives
- Energy Economics Analyses
- Country and Sectoral Reviews
- Evaluation Energy Programmes and Projects
- Formulation of Energy Pricing Policies
- Design of Energy Efficiency Measures
- Renewable Energy Investment Policies