National Level Workshop on Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC) implementation in India
The ACE:E2 project, which is implemented by EXERGIA, supported the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) in the organization of a National Level Conference to Create Common Implementation Dialogue for Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC) in India. The conference will bring together representatives from the key stakeholders in India regarding the implementation of ECBC, namely members of Ministry of Power, the Bureau of Energy Efficiency, the Ministry of Urban Development as well as Nodal Officers from all the states.
The brochure of the conference can be found here.
The objectives of this conference can be summarized as follows:
- To share BEE’s vision/target for ECBC implementation in India
- To present the status of ECBC implementation in the notified states and to share with Success Stories and lessons learnt
- To steer discussions on the drivers, the challenges and the barrier for ECBC implementation
- To demonstrate the EU support for ECBC implementation in India
- To share the European experience from the implementation of the Energy Performance in Buildings Directive (EPBD)
- To create regional working groups (geographically based) of states to further work together for the successful implementation of ECBC in the respective states.
The 1-day Conference was held in a Hotel in central Delhi on the 22nd of September 2017 with the participation of ca. 150 experts.