Feasibility study for the 2nd Backbone Overhead Transmission Line in Ukraine
The assignment comprises technical, economic, commercial, and socio-environmental feasibility study for the 750 kV interconnection line Kakhovka – Khmelnitska, including the relevant works in sub-stations along the line as well as all related auxiliary facilities including telecommunications and tele-transmissions in line with UCTE handbook requirements. The project is funded by EBRD and executed by an international consortium led by Tractebel. EXERGIA provides consulting services related to the preparation of the ESIA for the OHTL in compliance with EBRD standards, and in specific:
- Identification of environmental socioeconomic and cultural heritage constraints with a view to identify the preferred OHTL route
- Identification and assessment of alternatives
- Project scoping, preparation and submission of Scoping Report
- Assessment of the need for additional field surveys and supervision of field surveys undertaken by local experts
- Preparation of and Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) taking into account the local requirements (OVNS) as well as the Performance Requirements of EBRD (Environmental and Social Policy, 2008).
- Preparation of a Stakeholder Engagement Plan (SEP) and support to the client in public consultation.